Do you feel self-conscious about your crooked teeth? If so, then don't feel alone. Nearly 20% of all braces users today are comprised of adults. So why are so many adults now considering braces more than ever? Well, besides the fact that it's becoming more "normal" for adults to do so, there are a vast amount of oral health benefits in doing so. Let's take a look at 3 of the main oral health benefits of getting adult braces.
1. A Straighter and Better Smile: Let's face it, we live in a world where having a better outward appearance pays off. Whether you’re trying to find that special someone, get a new job, or get promoted at your current job, having a better smile can only help! Studies have shown over and over again that as a generality, people view those with good teeth and smiles to be more attractive, more athletic, and more accomplished than those that don't. Now we aren't saying that this is right, but it's reality. So why not straiten up that smile and put yourself in the best position to win as you possibly can.
2. Shifting Teeth: Your teeth tend to shift a little as you age. So what this means is just because you had braces as a child doesn't quite mean you're off the hook, nor does it mean you will always be fine if you didn't need braces as a child. Sometimes people find themselves needing braces later in life when they've always had strait teeth before, due to teeth shifting. This shifting can also bring the spaces in between teeth closer together which makes it more difficult to floss, and remove food particles from your teeth in general.
3. Overall Dental Health Benefits: As we touched on previously, crooked teeth can sometimes create some very hard to reach areas to brush and floss in and around your teeth and gums. These same areas can become bacterial breeding grounds that then create bad breath, plaque build up, gum disease, and can eventually even cause tooth loss. The straighter your teeth are the easier they will be to brush and floss, and therefore you will have much less of these problem areas to deal with which can cause long-term dental health issues.
Adult Braces Options
Today, there are many more options to help make braces much more visually appealing and overall easier to deal with than what you may have been used to as a kid. Options such as:
• Invisalign - Which aligns the teeth by utilizing a series of clear plastic trays to align the teeth in stages.
• Ceramic braces - These are similar to more traditional braces, but they are made of a clear ceramic making them much less noticeable to the casual observer.
• Brackets in back of the teeth - Instead of the brackets being very noticeable on the front of the teeth, these are on the back making them much less obvious to see.
While adult braces may be very beneficial, they definitely aren’t the least expensive items out there, generally ranging from $3,000 - $8,000 depending on your chosen option. However, many insurance carriers are now offering coverage for braces, and even if they don't, we offer in house financing to help make this much more affordable for the average person.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Town Continues Search For Property To Place Carolina Beach Lake Dredge Spoils
- Kure Beach To Hold Open House For Town Hall, Police And Fire Station Project
- Are There Blind Spots in Your Insurance Plan?
- Green is where the Heart Is for October 18th, 2017
- Carolina Beach Police Beat For October 3rd To October 8th, 2017