When you’re house hunting, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. You’re making a big investment. You want to find a place which is “just right” for you (and your family). You can even get a little addicted to touring houses, always convinced the perfect home is just about to hit the market. Sometimes inability to pull the trigger on a house can cause serious shopper’s remorse. You could miss out on a home that, in retrospect, was ideal.
So how do you know a home is “the one”?
Here are some useful ways to check your buying temperature and know when it’s time to make an offer:
1. The home fundamentally meets your needs. There’s plenty of compromise in home hunting, so when you find one that has the basics covered, take note.
2. You’d consider renovating for those luxurious little extras. Maybe the home is missing that pool you’ve always wanted, or is missing a detached workshop/garage space. Recognize when you find yourself thinking you’d be up to tackling a project to make it perfect.
3. You’re in love with the kitchen. Studies show we spend most of our waking hours connected to or using the kitchen. If you’re in love with the kitchen, but think the master bedroom is a little small, don’t make mistake. This could be the one.
4.The bathroom feels comfortable to you. Many times, other people’s bathrooms will give you the creeps. If you feel good about the bathroom, it’s a healthy sign. After all, you have to be naked in there.
5. You start to see your possessions in the house. If you’re thinking “ah yes, the flatscreen could go on that wall” and “wow, my bed would fit perfectly in this suite,” then you’re starting to imagine the house as your own.
6. The idea of someone else buying the home gives you a pit in your stomach. If you’re “sleeping on the decision” and the idea that the home is no longer an option makes you anxious, pay attention. It could be offer time.
Your Weekly Real Estate Report is provided by Justin Donaton of Coastwalk Real Estate. Any data provided, unless otherwise noted, is courtesy of the Wilmington Association of REALTORS MLS and/or the National Association of REALTORS.
Justin does not just "list" properties, he sells them! To get your home SOLD for the highest possible price, call Justin at 910-352-0998. Justin has been the TOP SELLING real estate agent on Pleasure Island since 2007. He has the highest dollar volume of sales, and has had the most number of closings. His business is built on hard work and high-impact marketing. Coastwalk Real Estate is also a TOP SELLING real estate firm in Carolina & Kure Beach. Please visit: www.CoastwalkRealEstate.com for more info.
The Weekly Market Report is a Paid Advertisement Compliments of Coastwalk Real Estate.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Carolina Beach Manager Grants Third Beach Services Permit To Tony Silvagni
- Man Arrested Following Early Morning High Speed Chase On Pleasure Island
- Hardware Tip of the Week: Concrete Chips and Tingles and Put Mold on Hold
- Auto and Home Insurance 101 for April 19th, 2017
- Carolina Beach Manager To Decide Who Gets Third Beach Services Permit