I love to sell homes. It’s a privilege and an honor to be a part of the process.
I get great satisfaction from making my living helping people move on to the next phase of their life, whether it’s upsizing, downsizing, buying a second home or simply relocating to a new neighborhood!
But there is one sort of home seller I can’t really help: The seller who’s not really ready to sell.
If you’re thinking about selling your home, don’t enter into the process lightly. It’s a big deal.
There’s some stress and there’s a great opportunity for joy.
There’s a big investment at stake. This, along with a lot of other reasons large and small, is why you want to be 100% sure you’re ready to sell your home.
If you think you’re ready to sell, but it turns out you’re not, you waste a lot of time and energy (and sometimes money).
So how do you know if you’re really ready to sell your home?
1. You’re fine with the process. You must have no problem with the idea of a stranger poking around your house, talking about renovating it, or treating it like a used car.
If you’ve lived in your house a long time, it’s natural to have emotional attachments. So if the process of selling the house makes you feel protective or defensive, you may not be ready.
2. You are flexible on the right price. Motivated sellers understand selling a home involves negotiation and competitive market pricing.
If you have a number “you must get” in order to sell, then you might want to think again.
Also, if all of the agents who price your home come back too low for your standards, take a breather and ask yourself if it’s go time or not.
3. You know where you’re going next. Prepared sellers have plans, even if those plans aren’t 100% firm.
They’re anticipating the move and they are probably even shopping for houses, if only casually at the moment. If you can’t clearly
answer the question, “Where would you like to live after you sell?” then you’re not quite there yet.
If you’re iffy on any of these, take a step back and consider how you feel. While some markets favor sellers more than others, a home can sell in any market for the right price.
Don’t jump into something before you’re ready.
However, when you’re ready, I’d be happy to help.
Having produced over $100,000,000.00 in sales since I began my career in 2005, I would love to opportunity to share with you how I’m able to sell so many homes!
Give me a call when the time is right: 910-352-0998.http://www.coastwalkrealestate.com
The Weekly Market Report is a Paid Advertisement Compliments of Coastwalk Real Estate.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Town Continues Search For Property To Place Carolina Beach Lake Dredge Spoils
- Kure Beach To Hold Open House For Town Hall, Police And Fire Station Project
- Are There Blind Spots in Your Insurance Plan?
- Green is where the Heart Is for October 18th, 2017
- Carolina Beach Police Beat For October 3rd To October 8th, 2017