801 N. Lake Park Blvd. Carolina Beach, NC 28428 Phone: (910) 458-3049 Fax: (910) 458-0988
There’s a growing environmental problem caused by energy efficiency and moisture. It’s mold...both hidden and out in plain sight. It can show up in and on walls, ceilings and carpets and any porous material that can absorb moisture and hold it until mold spores begin to grow. So why are we hearing about this more than ever before? Because more homes today are sealed air tight and when small water leaks occur in a roof or somewhere in a home’s structure and they go undetected for a period of time, wet insulation and wallboard become breeding grounds. The answer (if you haven’t been told) is knowing how to put mold on hold. Reduce interior moisture and humidity levels with good ventilation and a dehumidifier if needed. Catch and repair leaks early and know that condensation creates moisture problems too. Watch for any signs of mold and act quickly to correct and prevent it. More than being unsightly it’s a health hazard too.
And that’s the tip of the week from Island True Value Tackle and Hardware.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Council Hears Update On Lake Park And Dow Road Speed Limits
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: Kate's Pancake House
- Spotlight On Business: Christmas Shopping Made Easy at Go Sauce Yourself
- Army Asking Public To Avoid Area Along Snow's Cut During Erosion Repair Project
- Carolina Beach To Hold Workshop Nov. 15th For Lake Park Blvd Traffic Study