By WILLARD KILLOUGH III
CAROLINA BEACH - The Carolina Beach Town Council have agreed via email to rescheduled their February 14th, meeting to February 21st, due to Valentine's Day.
Mayor Dan Wilcox emailed Town Manager Michael Cramer February 3rd, to ask, "Is everyone aware that our Feb council meeting falls on Valentine’s Day? Any thoughts about changing the meeting date?"
Cramer responded, "I was taking it as a sign of endearment that you all wanted to spend Valentine’s Day with us. If you like we could move it to Wednesday the 15th or one week later on Tuesday the 21st. We can ask the rest of council?"
Councilman Tom Bridges said he had no issue with holding the meeting on the 14th, but was open to the 21st, not the 15th.
Council members Steve Shuttleworth, Leann Pierce and Gary Doetsch all responded via email voting to reschedule the meeting.
On the agenda for the rescheduled meeting::
• Employee Recognition
• March Events
• Project Update by Gil DuBois
• Town Manager's Update
• ROT (Room Occupancy Tax) Funding Request from Carolina Beach Downtown Initiative and Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce
• Consider amending Chapter 40 Sec. 40-72. to allow for Animal Care Facilities In the Highway Business (HB) zoning district with standards.
• Consider amending Chapter 14, Section 14-22 to clarify allowances for itinerant merchants.
Other items include the Consent Agenda items setting future public hearings and approving budget amendments.
Another item concerns, "Discussion on Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority's request for Carolina Beach to assist with the Short Range Transit Plan."
The meeting starts at 6:30PM February 21st at Town Hall in the Council meeting room.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Officials Investigating Fire At Condemned Condo Building
- Kure Beach Holds Friday Night Vote To Approve Sunday Alcohol Sales At 10AM
- Spotlight On Business: The Kupboard Grocery
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: A&G BAR-B-QUE and Chicken: Serving Daily Specials
- What's Selling: Local Real Estate Figures for July 10th to July 16th, 2017