CAROLINA BEACH - The Cape Fear Council of Governments was awarded a planning grant from the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) to develop a regional comprehensive bicycle transportation plan. The purpose of this plan is to identify opportunities and constraints for bicycling in the Cape Fear region, and to establish recommendations for improvement.
The Cape Fear Regional Bicycle Plan covers Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, and Pender Counties as well as southern Bladen, western Onslow, and southern Sampson Counties. After a year-long planning process, with input from a steering committee and more than 450 residents, a full draft of the Cape Fear Regional Bicycle Plan is now available for public download, review, and comment on the project website: http://capefearbicycleplan.weebly.com
The project website includes basic information about the plan, ways to participate, links to the full draft plan, links to online maps, and instructions for leaving comments. There will also be opportunities to provide your input in-person during upcoming outreach sessions in February, March, and early April. Please drop in during these sessions to talk with project staff, learn about the draft plan, and provide your input (the project website will be updated with additional dates and locations as they are confirmed):
• Tuesday, February 7, from 11 am to 1 pm, at Whiteville Town Hall, 26 Hill Plaza, Whiteville, NC, 28472.
• Saturday, February 11, from 10 am to 12 pm, at the Brown Dog Coffee Company, 103A W Fremont Street, Burgaw, NC, 28425. Wednesday, February 15, from 11 am to 1 pm, at Shallotte Crossing shopping center, in front of Belk, 130 Shallotte Crossing Pkwy #1, Shallotte, NC 28470.
• Saturday, March 11, from 11 am to 1 pm, at 102 Town Hall Drive, Leland, NC 28451. This is during the Town's "Bark in the Park" event.
Public input through the project website will be open through April 15, 2017. Please use the contact form on the project website for questions, or contact Allen Serkin at the Cape Fear Council of Governments; (910) 395-4553 x 206.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Officials Investigating Fire At Condemned Condo Building
- Kure Beach Holds Friday Night Vote To Approve Sunday Alcohol Sales At 10AM
- Spotlight On Business: The Kupboard Grocery
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: A&G BAR-B-QUE and Chicken: Serving Daily Specials
- What's Selling: Local Real Estate Figures for July 10th to July 16th, 2017