WILMINGTON - Intermittent lane closures will continue nightly on South College Road between south of Wilshire Boulevard and U.S. 17 Business/Market Street. The closures are needed so a Department of Transportation contractor can repave the roadway, upgrade drainage and improve traffic signals. The closures will be in place from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m., Monday through Thursday, until the project is completed in February 2018. Repaving improves both traction and ride quality on the road, which is especially important during rainy and snowy weather. No detours are required, however motorists are advised to use caution while traveling in the area and to expect possible delays at times. NCDOT also reminds motorists to stay alert and obey the posted speed limit. For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on Twitter.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Army Demands Town Stop Placing Lake Dredge Material At Dow Road Property
- Legal Notices for September 13th, 2017
- Spotlight On Business: Melissa's Coin Laundry: Wash, Dry and Fold Services
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: Pizza Party at the Veggie Wagon
- Carolina Beach Lake Dredging Project On Hold Pending Army Review