By WILLARD KILLOUGH III
CAROLINA BEACH - A vehicle crashed into a utility pole early Monday morning, May 8th, causing damage to the base of the pole. At around 9:30am, crews with Duke Energy Progress shut off power to the area to facilitate installation of a new pole and relocating power lines. Power was restored at around 1pm. 553 customers were impacted during the outage. While crews were replacing the pole Monday morning, several people said they were told a vehicle impacted the pole some time early that morning before sunrise. The Carolina Beach Police Department was unable to provide details about the accident because the officer had not yet completed the accident report by Tuesday night at press time.
Many businesses along North Lake Park Blvd were without power throughout the busy lunch rush causing loss of revenue. One person said the vehicle that struck the pole was severely damaged. We will publish more details once additional information is released by the Police Department.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Officials Investigating Fire At Condemned Condo Building
- Kure Beach Holds Friday Night Vote To Approve Sunday Alcohol Sales At 10AM
- Spotlight On Business: The Kupboard Grocery
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: A&G BAR-B-QUE and Chicken: Serving Daily Specials
- What's Selling: Local Real Estate Figures for July 10th to July 16th, 2017