By WILLARD KILLOUGH III
CAROLINA BEACH - A vehicle crashed into a utility pole early Monday morning, May 8th, causing damage to the base of the pole. At around 9:30am, crews with Duke Energy Progress shut off power to the area to facilitate installation of a new pole and relocating power lines. Power was restored at around 1pm. 553 customers were impacted during the outage. While crews were replacing the pole Monday morning, several people said they were told a vehicle impacted the pole some time early that morning before sunrise. The Carolina Beach Police Department was unable to provide details about the accident because the officer had not yet completed the accident report by Tuesday night at press time.
Many businesses along North Lake Park Blvd were without power throughout the busy lunch rush causing loss of revenue. One person said the vehicle that struck the pole was severely damaged. We will publish more details once additional information is released by the Police Department.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Council Hears Update On Lake Park And Dow Road Speed Limits
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: Kate's Pancake House
- Spotlight On Business: Christmas Shopping Made Easy at Go Sauce Yourself
- Army Asking Public To Avoid Area Along Snow's Cut During Erosion Repair Project
- Carolina Beach To Hold Workshop Nov. 15th For Lake Park Blvd Traffic Study