CAROLINA BEACH - After a four month long investigation, officers with the Carolina Beach Police Department placed Herman Samuel Dawson under arrest for multiple sex offense charges against a minor. The investigation and arrest stemmed from a report filed by the victim, interviews with witnesses, victims, collection of evidence, and forensic examination of digital media.
Herman Samuel Dawson a 44 year old male, of 602 Harper Ave.,Carolina Beach, N.C. was placed under arrest in the area of the Snows Cut Bridge in Carolina Beach without incident. Dawson was charged with the following criminal charges in reference to this reported incident:
- Statutory sex offense with 13, 14, or 15 year old (1 Count)
- Second Degree Forcible Sex Offense (1 Count)
- Indecent Liberties with a Child (1 Count)
- 2nd Degree Sexual Exploitation of a Minor (3 Counts)
- Sexual Battery (1 Count)
- Possess a Photographic Image from Peeping (1 Count)
- Provide Tobacco Products to a Person Under 18 Years Old (1 Count)
- Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor (3 Counts)
Dawson was taken before a New Hanover County Magistrate, placed on a $1,000,000 secured bond and was subsequently confined in the New Hanover County Jail waiting first appearance.
According to Detective Scott Hettinger, "After a four month long investigation, detectives with the Carolina Beach Police Department executed a search warrant and seized multiple items of evidence. Through interviews with the victim and witnesses, collection of evidence and forensic examination of digital media, warrants for arrest were issued for Herman S. Dawson." The warrant states that Police collected a photo of the victims genitals as evidence.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Officials Investigating Fire At Condemned Condo Building
- Kure Beach Holds Friday Night Vote To Approve Sunday Alcohol Sales At 10AM
- Spotlight On Business: The Kupboard Grocery
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: A&G BAR-B-QUE and Chicken: Serving Daily Specials
- What's Selling: Local Real Estate Figures for July 10th to July 16th, 2017