KURE BEACH, N.C. : June 13th, 2017 - Officials with the Kure Beach Police Department, Fire Department and New Hanover County EMS responded to 117 S. 5th Avenue in reference to a construction accident involving heavy machinery shortly after 6PM, June 13th. According to Police, a 47 year old male was found unresponsive at the scene. Despite life saving measures by first responders the individual succumbed to his injuries and passed away. Police say the investigation is still ongoing and no further information is available at this time. The identity of the victim will not be released until proper notification to the family has been completed.
The individual was using a Bobcat Mini Excavator to remove a tree from the lot when it tipped over. The man was caught under the machine when it rolled over on its side.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Town Continues Search For Property To Place Carolina Beach Lake Dredge Spoils
- Kure Beach To Hold Open House For Town Hall, Police And Fire Station Project
- Legal Notices for October 18th, 2017
- Carolina Beach Candidates Outline Platforms For November 7th Election
- Are There Blind Spots in Your Insurance Plan?