By WILLARD KILLOUGH III
CAROLINA BEACH - The Carolina Beach Town Council approved a permit modification for a new Harris Teeter store to be built on North Lake Park Blvd earlier this year. Last week the Town responded to questions regarding when the project will begin construction.
Assistant Town Manager Ed Parvin explained last week they don't anticipate the project starting construction until some time in 2018.
Parvin explained on June 7th, "As you may be aware Kroger bought out Harris Teeter a few years ago. Kroger is keeping the Harris Teeter name for many of the stores that were moving forward during the buyout and that is still the plan for the Carolina Beach store. Kroger has not pulled the trigger to start the Carolina Beach store as of yet. They have 5 Harris Teeter stores under construction and 5 that are similar to ours (approved but not under construction). The developer told us yesterday afternoon that Kroger will not begin construction on the 5 approved stores until the beginning of 2018. We will keep you updated as we find out more information."
The Council unanimously approved a request at their April 11th, meeting to modify an existing Conditional Use Permit for a new 53,000 square foot Harris Teeter Store and a 14 fueling position gas station at 1000 N. Lake Park Blvd.
The Council first approved of a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for the development during their August 11th, 2015 meeting.
Latest from Managing Editor
- What's Selling: Local Real Estate Figures for Dec. 4th to Dec. 10th, 2017
- Planning Commission To Review Federal Point Shopping Center Redevelopment Plan
- Council To Consider Ending Lake Dredging Contract At Dec. 12th Meeting
- Council To Consider Buying Dow Road Land For Water Treatment Plant
- What's Selling: Local Real Estate Figures for Nov. 27th to Dec. 3rd, 2017