CAROLINA BEACH - Freeman Park in Carolina Beach is closed due to overwash all the way up to the dunes. Access will be re-evaluated on Monday.
Freeman Park, located beyond the end of Canal Drive on the Northern End of Pleasure Island, is largely outside of the Town's jurisdiction. They have authority to manage the area as a park. That was granted to them by the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners some years ago.
There is a fee charged for vehicle access to drive on the beach front within the park. There is a separate fee for camping during the summer months.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Army Demands Town Stop Placing Lake Dredge Material At Dow Road Property
- Legal Notices for September 13th, 2017
- Spotlight On Business: Melissa's Coin Laundry: Wash, Dry and Fold Services
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: Pizza Party at the Veggie Wagon
- Carolina Beach Lake Dredging Project On Hold Pending Army Review