CAROLINA BEACH - Freeman Park in Carolina Beach is closed due to overwash all the way up to the dunes. Access will be re-evaluated on Monday.
Freeman Park, located beyond the end of Canal Drive on the Northern End of Pleasure Island, is largely outside of the Town's jurisdiction. They have authority to manage the area as a park. That was granted to them by the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners some years ago.
There is a fee charged for vehicle access to drive on the beach front within the park. There is a separate fee for camping during the summer months.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Council Hears Update On Lake Park And Dow Road Speed Limits
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: Kate's Pancake House
- Spotlight On Business: Christmas Shopping Made Easy at Go Sauce Yourself
- Legal Notices for November 15th, 2017
- Army Asking Public To Avoid Area Along Snow's Cut During Erosion Repair Project