Kenneth D. Withrow, 75, of Kure Beach passed away May 10, 2017 at his residence.
Born in Ohio on July 25, 1941, he is a son of the late Homer Kenneth Withrow and Cora Mae Paul Withrow.
He is survived by his wife, Paula Withrow; his daughter, Lori Withrow; his step-son, Robert Lynn McCann; and his sisters, Sandy Fudge, Debbie Hickman and her husband Larry, and Cyndee Myers; and numerous extended family.
Ken was very active in community service for the town of Kure Beach. He received the “Lifetime Spirit Award” from the Kure Beach Community Center on behalf of the town.
Ken enjoyed teaching Watercolor Art for the town of Kure Beach as well as three major cruise lines - Cunard, Azamara and the Celebrity Cruise lines for over five years. In addition, Ken was the Chairman of the Parks and Recreation Committee and many other activities.
A memorial service will be held at 1:00 pm Saturday, May 20, 2017 at Carolina Beach Presbyterian Church. Visitation will be from 7 to 8:30 pm Friday, May 19, 2017 at Andrews Mortuary Valley Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Carolina Beach Presbyterian Church, 1209 N. Lake Park Blvd, Carolina Beach, NC 28428. Condolences may be offered at www.andrewsmortuary.com
Latest from Managing Editor
- Officials Investigating Fire At Condemned Condo Building
- Kure Beach Holds Friday Night Vote To Approve Sunday Alcohol Sales At 10AM
- Spotlight On Business: The Kupboard Grocery
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: A&G BAR-B-QUE and Chicken: Serving Daily Specials
- What's Selling: Local Real Estate Figures for July 10th to July 16th, 2017