Donald Michael Donaldson, 72 of Eagle Springs spent many years living in Carolina Beach Don passed away on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill.
A graveside service was held on Saturday, May 6, 2016 at West End Cemetery in West End with Pastor Bill Monroe officiating.
Don was born June 28, 1944 in Pinehurst to the late Cyrus Monroe Donaldson and Annie (Ellington) Donaldson. Don grew up in West End, but lived most of his life in Carolina Beach where he was known as Captain Don, the owner of the Lady Francis Charter Fishing Boat. He served in the U.S. Army 82nd Airborne Division during the Vietnam War. Don loved NASCAR, Hunting, Fishing and was a man of many talents, a loyal friend to many; he was fair and honest to all who knew him.
Don is survived by his wife, Frances Donaldson of Eagle Springs; a daughter, Alison Harrelson and husband Timmie of Reidsville, NC; a sister, Jeannie Donaldson of West End; a niece, Samatha of West End; one nephew, Cyrus of Carolina Beach.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers, Jack and Rupert Donaldson.
Latest from Managing Editor
- Council Hears Update On Lake Park And Dow Road Speed Limits
- Spotlight On Coastal Cuisine: Kate's Pancake House
- Spotlight On Business: Christmas Shopping Made Easy at Go Sauce Yourself
- Army Asking Public To Avoid Area Along Snow's Cut During Erosion Repair Project
- Carolina Beach To Hold Workshop Nov. 15th For Lake Park Blvd Traffic Study