(Pictured Above:) According to Valita Quattlebaum - Public Information Officer for the Town of Carolina Beach - a Ford Explorer sport utility vehicle caught fire at around 8:30PM Saturday night. Someone called 911 to report a vehicle fire at Freeman Park. The vehicle was fully engulfed in flames when the Carolina Beach Fire Department arrived. The Federal Point Fire Department assisted in putting out the flames. The suspected cause of the fire was an overheated transmission. The fluid boiled over onto the engine manifold and caught fire. There were no injuries and a wrecker hauled the burned vehicle away.
|< Prev||Next >|