Last update11:54:37 PM

Font Size


Menu Style

Back You are here: Home Columns Weekly Columns Auto and Home Insurance 101 Auto and Home Insurance 101: WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY INSURER

Auto and Home Insurance 101: WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY INSURER

Steve Bowman, Property & Casualty Insurance Broker

Even “good” drivers can be dropped by their carrier.  Reasons range from “drinking while driving” violation or other serious violations (that are high risk)to situations outside your control, such as when insurers in your state are suffering severe business losses.
Overall rises in claims or losses can cause insurers to become highly selective in determining whom they can afford to insure.
If you are licenced to drive by law, you are eligible for insurance.
However, your options for new coverage may be limited.  Each state has created and regulates a market
of “assigned risks” for those who cannot otherwise obtain coverage, the price may be higher but it may be your only choice.
Regardless of the reason you were dropped, you need to act immediately to
get a policy. Under no circumstances should you drive your vehicle without insurance.
We carry GMAC and Progressive Auto, Boat, and RV Insurance! Come in and get a quote!  Compare apples to apples and save!
From the office of: Steve Bowman, Property & Casualty Insurance Broker, 106 K Ave. Kure Beach, NC 28449 : Phone 910-458-1164 : 800-542-2502 : Fax 910-458-7311
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.