- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 14:05
- Written by Super User
• Monday, February 18, 2013 Membership Meeting. 7:30-9:00 pm. Frances Massey, long time member of the Island of Lights Committee will talk about the organization, and it’s history.
• Monday, March 18, 2013: Membership Meeting. 7:30-9:00 pm. Local historian and author, Anne Hutteman, will talk about the life and times of Captain John Harper and his vital influence in the development of “our beach.”
• Monday April 15, 2013: Membership Meeting. 7:30-9:00 pm Billy Ray Morris, the new Director of the North Carolina Underwater Archaeology Lab, will talk to us about the ongoing re-examination and interpretation of the maritime aspects of the Fort Fisher campaign.
• Monday May 20, 2013: Membership Meeting. 7:30-900 pm. Civil War historican, Chris Fonvielle will talk about his new book: FACES OF FORT FISHER:1861-1864. Copies of the book will be available for sale and signing by Chris.
Monday June 17, 2013: Potluck Picnic. 6:30 – 8:30 pm Summer Potluck/Picnic. The perfect time to bring friends and prospective members.
Also Upcoming! A Saturday in March 2013 (exact date TBA) Walking Tour of “The Sugar Loaf Line of Defense” with Dr. Chris Fonvielle 2pm-4pm. $5.00 donation requested. Limit of 25 participants. Meet at the Federal Point History Center. 1121-A N Lake Park Blvd. Carolina Beach, North Carolina. Call 910-458-0502 to reserve your place.
All Programs are free FREE and open to the General Public. They are held at the Federal Point History Center, 1121-A North Lake Park Blvd. (Just south of the Carolina Beach Town Hall.) Or visit the History Center, open Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays 10-4. For more information call: 910-458-0502.