- Published on Saturday, 19 May 2012 21:47
- Written by Super User
Residents living in and around the Carolina Beach, North Carolina community can be screened to reduce their risk of having a stroke or bone fracture. Carolina Beach Parks & Recreation Department will host Life Line Screening on 5/18/2012. The site is located at 1121b North Lake Park Blvd in Carolina Beach. Four key points every person needs to know:
• Stroke is the third leading cause of death and a leading cause of permanent disability
• 80% of stroke victims had no apparent warning signs prior to their stroke
• Preventive ultrasound screenings can help you avoid a stroke
• Screenings are fast, noninvasive, painless, affordable and convenient
Screenings identify potential cardiovascular conditions such as blocked arteries and irregular heart rhythm, abdominal aortic aneurysms, and hardening of the arteries in the legs, which is a strong predictor of heart disease. A bone density screening to assess osteoporosis risk is also offered and is appropriate for both men and women.
Packages start at 149. All five screenings take 60-90 minutes to complete. For more information regarding the screenings or to schedule an appointment, call 1-877-237-1287 or visit our website at www.lifelinescreening.,.cnm Pre-registration is required.