Sat08232014

Last update03:53:41 PM

Font Size

Profile

Menu Style

Cpanel
 
Back You are here: Home News Local and State News Local Carolina Beach Fire Department Responds Quickly To Feb. 4th Motel Fire; No Injuries

Carolina Beach Fire Department Responds Quickly To Feb. 4th Motel Fire; No Injuries

The Carolina Beach Fire Department responded to a fire at Russo's Motel on Cape Fear Blvd on Monday afternoon. The fire was quickly brought under control and no one was injured.

By WILLARD KILLOUGH III
Managing Editor

CAROLINA BEACH - The Carolina Beach Fire Department responded to a fire at Russo's Motel on Cape Fear Blvd Monday afternoon, February 4. When they arrived smoke was visible coming out of the eaves of the roof.
One room of the motel was damaged by fire and smoke. No one was injured and the tenant occupying that room was not there at the time of the fire.
Darrell Rackley - manager of the motel - commented Monday night, "Yes the hotel did catch fire, but me and a couple of guy's put it out and of course the Carolina
Beach Police and Fire Department showed up quick. No one was hurt. I'd like to thank Danny and Raliegh and Shane Harper for helping me. It's nice to know people still step up and care. All the support of neighbors is really appreciated."
Police and fire officials said the fire likely started as the result of burning incense and there were cigarette butts located near a chair where it appeared the fire started.