- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 00:57
- Written by Super User
Candidates and supporters filled the County Board of Elections Office on Friday July 5th to file for Mayor and Council in municipal elections this coming November. Front left: Skip Watkins filed for Wilmington City Council. Next to him is Carolina Beach Council candidate Mike Worley. Carolina Beach Mayor Bob Lewis (wearing the ball cap at right) filed for reelection.
By WILLARD KILLOUGH III
CAROLINA BEACH - Candidates and their supporters visited the New Hanover County Board of Elections office on Friday July 5th to file for Mayor and Town Council seats in Wilmington, Carolina Beach, Kure Beach and Wightsville Beach municipal elections this November.
On Tuesday July 9, the Board of Elections website listed the following people who signed up to be on the ballots.
• Incumbent Mayor Bob Lewis
• Incumbent Councilman Tom Bridges
• Incumbent Council-lady Jody Smith
• Mike Worley filed for a seat on Town Council.
• Incumbent Mayor Bill Saffo filed for relection.
• Skip Watkins filed for a seat on Town Council.
• Derek Bickel filed for a seat on Town Council.
• Felix Cooper filed for a seat on Town Council.
• Incumbent Mayor Dean Lambeth filed for relection.
• Bill Blair filed for the office of Mayor.
Last week former Councilman Gary Doetsch served on the Council for a number of years and said he's seriously considering filing for Town Council.
Leann Pierce currently serves on the Town's Planning and Zoning Commission. She also owns Drifter's Reef Hotel on Lake Park Blvd and New Orleans Snowballs on the Boardwalk. She's also a broker and realtor at Blue Water Realty.
Pierce said she's going to file for a Town Council seat.
If you're planning on running for election to a Town Council or Mayor's seat in November, according to the New Hanover County Board of Elections candidate filing for the 2013 Municipal Election began at noon on July 5th, 2013 and ends at noon on July 19th, in the office of the Board of Elections.
That office is located at 230 Government Center Drive. Call (910) 798-7330.
To learn more, visit www.nhcgov.com
A list of people signing up for office is updated daily at the Board of Elections website.