- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 23:57
- Written by Super User
6-8 Age Division - P.I. Exercise Club 15 HP Homes 30, Gulfstream 24 CBPD 18, Island Gazette 22 Costco 4; 9-11 Age Division - Superior Medical 30 Wilkinson & Assoicates ERA Realty 18, Michael’s Seafood 21 Kure Beach Pier 26, Island Tackle & Hardware 25 Sub Surface Support 13; 12-14 Age Division - Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar 34 Hamm Hearing Aid Center 39 Double OT, Mid-Atlantic Drilling 16 Harbor Master’s 58;
15-17 Age Division - Blackburn Brothers 41 CBPD 29, Atlantic Coast Carpet 44 Allied Pest Control 37;
PIYL Week 3 - 1/18 & 1/19
• 6:30PM – Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar vs. Hamm Hearing Aid Center – Both teams got off to a slow start early in this game with Hamm taking a 2-point lead after the 1st quarter 7-5. However by halftime Nikki’s was able to take the lead 15-11 after going on a 10-4 run in the 2nd quarter. After halftime Nikki’s was able to continue to pad their lead adding 3 more points to their lead now at 28-21. In the final quarter Hamm’s defense was able to step up in a big way, holding Nikki’s to just 4-points. Meanwhile their offense was able to tie up the game at 32-32 by the end of the game sending them into overtime. In overtime both teams picked up a basket but couldn’t score again keeping them tied up at the final buzzer. In the 2nd overtime Hamm’s defense again stepped it up holding Nikki’s scoreless, while their offense picked up 5 points to take the win 39-34. HIGHLIGHTS: Hamm’s Hearing Aid Center: #5 Joshua Smiley had 31-points (4 in the 2nd overtime), #1 Elijah Akins 12, #11 Kyle Carpenter 3, #12 Larry Davis 2, and #14 Hawthorne Hamm 1. Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar: #14 Eason Saffo 17, #5 Luke Winslow 5, #13 Nick Winslow and #3 Kevin Mintz, Jr each had 4, and #11 Carson Conklin and #4 Jeffrey Murphy each had 2.
• 7:30PM – Blackburn Brothers vs. C.B.P.D. – C.B.P.D. started off this game with a 10-3 run after the 1st quarter. However in the 2nd quarter Blackburn was able to outscore CBPD 13-7 to take a 1-point lead by halftime. After halftime Blackburn was able to go on a 13-0 run throughout the 3rd quarter to give them a 29-17 lead. In the final quarter CBPD’s Connor Carnette’s 11-point performance helped them stay close to Blackburn but in the end they were able to keep their 12-point lead and take the win 41-293. HIGHLIGHTS: C.B.P.D.: #13 Connor Garnette 15, #10 Peter Bourne and #5 Drake Overton each had 4-points, #4 William Noxon 3, #2 Ra’Shawn Anglin 2, and #1 Ryan Payne 1. Blackburn Brothers: #2 Donovan Francies 14, #5 Cory Montgomery 7, #10 Wes Parker and #13 Brandon Rood 6 each, #3 Justin Blackburn, #11 Kyle Dowling, #1 Logan Loftin 2 each, and #12 Matt Rood and #4 Dane Schretter 1 each.
• 8:30PM – Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning vs. Allied Pest Control – The 1st half of this game was close with Atlantic Coast taking a 1-point lead after the 1st quarter 13-12. By halftime Atlantic Coast was beginning to pull away after outscoring Allied 10-6 in the 2nd quarter they had a 23-18 lead. After halftime Atlantic Coast’s defense helped them extend their lead after holding Allied to 4 more points their offense added 9-more points giving them a 32-22 lead. In the final quarter Allied began fouling to try and make up some points, also forcing Atlantic Coast to beat them from the free throw line. Allied was able to pick up some big 3-pointers and cut into Atlantic’s lead, Atlantic hit too many free throws to take the win 44-37. HIGHLIGHTS: Allied Pest Control: #2 Erik Jedrey 15, #3 Dylan Owen 10, #14 Joshua Johnson 6, #4 Daniel Farriss 4, #4 Jordan Powell 2. Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning: #5 Drew Brinson 15, #2 David Hicks 7, #13 Josh Ywaskevic 5, #12 Ryan Brinson and #11 Quinton Deatrick 4-points each, #3 Sean Anderson 3, and #14 Randy Richard, #4 Ryan Hardison, and #10 Jeremy Brekke 2-points each.
• 9:00AM – P.I. Exercise Club vs. HP Homes – HP Homes continued to show there dominance in this game with a 12-0 run in the 1st quarter fueled by 8-points from Kenan Everhart (Kenan had 18 in the game with 14 in the half). HP Homes only continued to pull away in the 2nd quarter with another 10-3 run, giving them a 22-3 lead at halftime. The 19-point lead held up by the end of the 3rd quarter after both teams picked up 4-points. In the final quarter P.I. Exercise cut the lead to 30-15 by the end of the game after outscoring HP Homes 8-4. HIGHLIGHTS: HP Homes: #12 Kenan Everhardt 18 and #4 Christopher Schwenker and #11 Jared Becken 6-points each. P.I. Exercise Club: #12 Carter Grace 9, #14 Khalil Kelly 4, and #11 Jacob Allard 2.
• 10:00AM – Gulfstream vs. C.B.P.D. – This was a close game with C.B.P.D. able to take a 1-point lead after the 1st quarter 6-5. In the 2nd quarter both teams found it tough getting through the others defenses, but C.B.P.D. did manage to add 2 more points to their lead now at 12-9. After halftime Gulfstream was able to get their offense going picking up 6-points giving them a 1-point lead at the end of the quarter 15-14. In the final quarter Gulf stream was able to start to pull away mid-way thru the half outscoring the CBPD 9-4 in the final quarter to take the win 24-18. HIGHLIGHTS: Gulfstream #4 Neil Sims and #3 Nicholas Lamendola had 8-points each, #12 Colin Neal 4, #10 Forrest Newton and #11 Farrington Netwon each had 2. CBPD: #10 Quinten Dye 6, #5 Jayce Atanasoff each had 4, and #12 Kendall Marcucilli and #4 Brayden Stephens each had 2.
• 11:00AM – Island Gazette vs. Costco – After falling behind 2-0 early the Island Gazette then picked up the next 6-points in the 1st quarter to take a 6-2 lead. In the 2nd quarter the Island Gazette’s defense allowed no points while their offense picked up 10-points to take a 16-2 lead. After halftime the Island Gazette’s defense again held Costco scoreless, but only managed to pick up 2 more points bringing the score up to 18-2. In the final quarter The Island Gazette’s T.J. Parker picked up 4 more giving him 10-points in the game and Costco’s Jack Haydu added 2 more points for Costco, giving the Island Gazette the win 22-4. HIGHLIGHTS: The Island Gazette: #11 T.J. Parker 10, #4 Matthew Silver 8, and #13 Sam Bradshaw and #10 Keaton Green each had 2-points.
• 1:00PM – Superior Medical vs. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty – Superior’s defense held Wilkinson to just 2-points in the 1st quarter, while their offense picked up 8 to give them the early 6-point lead. In the 2nd half Superior’s offense picked up the pace with 11-points bringing the score to 19-8 by halftime. After halftime the 11-point lead remained the same after both teams picked up 6-points in the 3rd quarter. In the final quarter the same close play continued with Superior outscoring Wilkinson by a point 5-4 giving them the win 30-18. HIGHLIGHTS: Superior Medical: #12 Jake Ettefagh 12, #2 Nathan Hardison 6, #13 William Locklear 6, and #14 Nick Reeves, #3 Nicholas Schwenker, #4 Ben Testori and #5 Jacob Baugher each had 2. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty: #14 Sammy Ajani 8, #13 Mason White and #10 Silas Coudriet each had 4, and #5 Madison Chalmers 2.
• 1:00PM - Michael’s Seafood vs. Kure Beach Pier – Kure Beach Pier’s defense held Michael’s scoreless in the 1st quarter of this game, while their offense picked up 6. However in the 2nd quarter Michael’s offense led by 7-points from Jas Herring picked up 11 and got to within 3-points by halftime 14-11. After halftime Michael’s defense was able to hold Kure Beach Pier scoreless, but their offense only picked up 2-points bringing them to within a point 14-13. In the final quarter both teams stepped up their offense, but Kure Beach Pier was able to pull away winning by a final score of 26-21. HIGHLIGHTS: Kure Beach Pier: #3 Aidan Lafferty 16, #2 Robbie Helmus 5, #4 John Jernigan and #10 Ethan Graves each had 2-points, and #12 Dimitris Weakley had a point. Michael’s Seafood: #12 Austin Johnson 11, #13 Dylan McGowan 5, #2 Jas Herring and #3 Trey Johnson 2-points, and #5 Joseph Barker had a point.
• 3:00PM – Island Tackle & Hardware vs. Sub Surface Support – Both teams started out this game with tough defense, but Sub Surface Support was able to take a 3-point lead 5-2. However in the 2nd quarter Island Tackle’s offense picked up the pace picking up 11 (All 11 scored by Peyton Blankenbecker) to take a 13-7 lead at halftime. After halftime Island Tackle continued to pull away with a 11-4 run in the 3rd quarter bringing their lead up to 13-points 24-11. In the final quarter both teams again stepped up the defense with just 3-points being scored in the quarter. Island Tackle won by a final score of 25-13. HIGHLIGHTS: Island Tackle & Hardware: #10 Peyton Blankenbecker 11, #6 Ben Stout 6, #12 Mason Masey, #11 Thomas Blankenbecker, and #4 Dominic Farmintino 2-points each, and #1 Taj Monroe and #3 Seanan Darakjy each had a point. Sub Surface Support: #2 Kyle Schoonmaker 5 and #1 Coleman Lamendola, #10 Mason Brooks, #3 Jake Stewart, and #11 Hayden Higgins each had 2-points.
• 4:00PM - Mid-Atlantic Drilling vs. Harbor Master’s – After a close 1st quarter 8-8 Harbor Master’s was able to go on a 12-0 in the 2nd quarter to take a 12-point lead at halftime. Things continued to go Harbor Master’s way as they outscored Mid-Atlantic 13-4 in the 3rd quarter and 25-4 in the 4th quarter. Final score in this game was 58-16. HIGHLIGHTS: Mid-Atlantic Drilling: #5 Joshua Stewart 5, #13 Brice Eller 4, #10 Rocco Farmintino 3, and #12 Vincent Farmintino and #2 Jantzen Hartsell each had 2-points.