- Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 22:09
- Written by Super User
6-8 Age Division - CBPD 12 HP Homes 21, P.I. Exercise Club 18 Costco 17, Gulfstream 28 Island Gazette 18; 9-11 Age Division - Superior Medical 11 Michael’s Seafood 24, Kure Beach Pier 36 Island Tackle & Hardware 19, Sub Surface Support 32 Wilkinson & Assoicates ERA Realty 11; 12-14 Age Division - Harbor Master’s 31 Hamm Hearing Aid Center 44, Mid-Atlantic Drilling 25 Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar 53;
15-17 Age Division - CBPD 40 Allied Pest Control 44, Blackburn Brothers 27 Atlantic Coast Carpet 52;
Allied Pest Control’s #5 Jordan Powell goes up for the block in their close 44-40 win over The C.B.P.D. this past Friday Night. Allied is now 4-1 and tied for 1st Place.
PIYL Week 5
2/1 & 2/2
• 6:30PM – Harbor Master’s vs. Hamm Hearing Aid Center – Hamm opened up this game with a 14-4 run throughout the 1st quarter. However Harbor Master’s was able to get back into the game in the 2nd quarter, outscoring Hamm’s 12-6 bringing the score to 20-16. The game remained close after halftime with Hamm adding a point to their lead now at 5 points 27-22. In the final quarter Harbor Master’s almost caught up to Hamm’s but they connected on too many of their free throws to take the win 40-34 and stay perfect at 5-0 on the season. HIGHLIGHTS: Hamm Hearing Aid Center: #12 Larry Davis 17, #3 Nash Best 13, #14 Hawthorne Hamm 4, #1 Elijah Akins, #13 Skii Bollinger, and #10 Jacob Thompson each had 2. Harbor Master’s: #10 Jacob Graves 12, #13 Bradley Plyler 11, #12 Ryan Bailey 6, #1 Lucas Wilson and #11 Jacob Reeves 2 each, and #3 Matthew Heglar 1.
• 7:30PM – CBPD vs. Allied Pest Control – This was a close game from start to finish with CBPD taking a 5-point lead after the 1st quarter 12-7. After a close 2nd quarter CBPD was only able to extend their lead by a point 23-17 going into halftime. However after halftime Allied was able to take the lead 36-32 after outscoring CBPD 19-9 thanks to 10-points from Erik Jedrey. In the final quarter both teams stepped up the defense, but Allied was able to take the 4-point win 44-40 thanks to some clutch free throws. HIGHLIGHTS: CBPD: #5 Drake Overton 15, #2 Ra’Shawn Anglin 9, #13 Connor Garnette 7, #1 Ryan Payne 5, and #10 Peter Bourne 4. Allied Pest Control: #2 Erik Jedrey 14, #3 Drake Overton 12, #12 Bronson Hope 8, #5 Jordan Powell 6, and #1 Scott Best and #13 Nicholas Golonka 2 each.
• 8:30PM – Blackburn Brothers vs. Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning – This game was fairly close thru 3 quarters, with Atlantic Coast taking the lead after the 1st quarter 9-4. Blackburn was able to cut it down to 4-points after a close 13-12 2nd quarter bringing the score to 21-17 by halftime. After halftime Blackburn was able to cut the lead to 3-points after outscoring Atlantic 7-6. In the final quarter Atlantic Coast’s offense connected on 5 3-pointers, 8 free throws and a field goal for 25-points, while their defense held Blackburn to just a 3-pointer. The final score ended up being 52-27 after their 25-3 run. HIGHLIGHTS: Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning: #14 Randy Richard and #2 David Hicks each had 14-points, #5 Drew Brinson 13, #13 Joel Ywaskevic 8, and #1 Michael Gotto had a 3-pointer. Blackburn Brothers: #5 Cory Montgomery 8, #2 Donovan Francis 7, #4 Dane Schretter 4, and #14 Julian Blackburn, #3 Justin Blackburn, #13 Brandon Rood, and #10 Wes Parker 2 each.
• 9:00AM – C.B.P.D. vs. HP Homes – The 1st quarter of this game was close with HP Homes taking a 2-point lead after the 1st quarter 6-4. In the 2nd quarter HP Homes was able to hold CBPD to just 2-point while their offense picked up 8 giving them a 6-point halftime lead. After halftime HP Home’s defense again held CBPD to just 2 points, while their offense added 2 more to their lead now at 8-points 16-8. In the final quarter HP Homes was able to hold off a late surge by the CBPD to take the win 22-12. HIGHLIGHTS: HP Homes: #11 Jared Becken 12, #12 Kenan Everhart and #10 Leo Baggie 4 each, and #5 Owen Morini 2. CBPD: #5 Jayce Atanasoff 8 and #2 Chad Fleshman 4.
• 10:00AM – P.I. Exercise Club vs. Costco – P.I. Exercise Club got off to a great start in this game after going on a 4-0 run in the 1st quarter. In the 2nd quarter PI Exercise was able to countiue to pull away after outscoring Costco 6-3 bringing the count to 10-3 by halftime. After halftime Costco’s Jackson Kupec lead a come back, making some important steals and clutch baskets down the final minute. After a 4-4 3rd quarter Jackson had 10-points and put them within a point 18-17 with seconds left. But Jackson got banged up in the final few minutes and had to come outthe game. Costco steal managed to get a steal and s shot off but it came up just short giving PI Exercise Club their 1st win of the season 18-17. HIGHLIGHTS: Costco: #12 Jackson Kupec 13 and #3 Christian Merten 4. Pleasure Island Exercise Club: #12 Carter Grace 11, #13 Ryan McCann 5, and #14 Khalil Kelly 2.
• 11:00AM – Gulfstream vs. Island Gazette – Gulfstream jumped out to a early 2-point lead in the 1st quarter and never looked back. In the 1st quarter they were up 8-6 and both teams picked up 6 in the 2nd quarter bringing the score to 14-12 at halftime. Gulfstream jumped out to a 10-point lead 22-12 after a 8-0 run in the 3rd quarter. The Island Gazette was able to hold it to a 10-point deficit after both teams picked up 6-points in the 4th quarter. Gulfsteam won by a final score of 28-18 and moved into sole possession of 2nd Place, while the Island Gazette fell to sole possession of 3rd Place. HIGHLIGHTS: Gulfstream: #4 Neil Sims 14, #3 Nicholas Lamendola 6, #12 Colin Neal 4, and #10 Forrest Newton and #11 Farrington Newton 2 each. Island Gazette: #11 TJ Parker 12 and #14 Ashton Little, #12 Fisher Carter, and #10 Keaton Green 2 each.
• 1:00PM – Superior Medical vs. Michael’s Seafood – Michael’s Sefood opened up this game with a 10-2 run to thru the 1st 6:00 quarter. The 8-point lead held up by halftime after a 4-4 2nd quarter bringing the score to 14-6. After halftime Michael’s defense held Superior to just 1 point, while their offense added 6 more giving them a 13-point lead 20-7. IN the final quarter both teams picked up 4 giving Michael’s the win 24-11. HIGHLIGHTS: Michael Seafood: As a team Michael’s had 9 of 11 kids score. #2 Jas Herring 6, #12 Austin Johnson 4, and #5 Joseph Barker, #10 Monae Pardo, #15 Alysaa Fizer, #3 Trey Johnson, #4 Dwight Best, #1 Fisher Waggett, and #14 Sam Martin each had 2. Superior Medical: #12 Jake Ettefagh 5, #2 Nathan Hardison 3, #1 Nicholas Ruscetti 2, and #13 William Locklear 1.
• 2:00PM - Kure Beach Pier vs. Island Tackle & Hardware – After a close 1st quarter with Kure Beach Pier up 2-points 10-8, Kure Beach Pier went on a 15-5 run in the 2nd quarter to take a comfortable 12-point halftime lead 25-13. In the 3rd quarter Kure Beach Pier was able to make it a 20-point lead after going on another 10-2 run. In the final quarter Island Tackle was able to outscore Kure Beach Pier 4-1 bringing the final score to 36-19. HIGHLIGHTS: Kure Beach Pier: #10 Ethan Graves 13, #5 Harry Smith Martin 8, #3 Aidan Lefferty 7, and #12 Dimitris Weakley and #11 Maddox Green each had 4. Island Tackle & Hardware: #10 Peyton Blankenbecker 10, #5 Ben Stout, #11 Thomas Blankenbecker, #3 Sennan Darakjy, and #4 Dominic Farmintino 2 each, and #2 Jack Garcia 1.
• 3:00PM – Sub Surface Support vs. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty - Sub Surface Support’s defense was extremely tough in this game, holding Wilkinson to just 7 1st half while their offense picked up 8 in the 1st quarter and 13 in the 2nd to take a 21-7 halftime lead. After halftime Sub surface Support continued to pull away outscoring Wilkinson 5-0 in the 3rd quarter and 6-4 in the 4th to take the win 32-11. HIGHLIGHTS: Sub Surface Support: #14 Daniel Stokes 14, #5 Heath Higgins 9, #10 mason Brooks 4, #11 Hayden Higgins and #13 Brynn Little each had 2, and #2 Kyler Schoonmaker 1. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty: #10 Silas Coudriet 4, #5 Madison Chalmers 3, and #12 Jacob Chalmers and #1 Jett Tugwell had 2 each.
• 4:00PM – Mid-Atlantic Drilling vs. Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar – Both teams started off the 1st quarter with tough defense as Nikki’s led the way thru the 1st quarter 7-3. In the 2nd quarter Nikki’s began to pull away outscoring Mid-Atlantic in the 2nd quarter 16-5 giving them a 23-8 halftime lead. After the break Nikki’s continued to pull away outscoring Mid-Atlantic 14-7 in the 3rd quarter and 16-10 in the 4th quarter to take the win 53-25. HIGHLIGHTS: Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar: #14 Eason Saffo 14, #5 Luke Winslow and #2 Caitlyn Barker each had 10-points, #13 Nick Winslow 7, #3 Kevin Mintz Jr. 6, #11 Carson Conklin 4, and #12 Jared Tanner 2. Mid-Atlantic-Drilling: #2 Jantzen Hartsell 10, #12 Vincent Farmintino 6, #10 Rocco Farmintino 4, #11 Cade Smith Martin and #1 Sydney Smith Martin 2 each, and #13 Brice Eller had 1.
Pleasure Island Rec. Center’s Youth Basketball
6:30PM - Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar vs. Hamm Hearing Aid
7:30PM - Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning vs. Allied Pest Control
8:30 - Blackburn Brothers vs. C.B.P.D
9:00AM - Gulfstream vs. Costco
10:00AM - Island Gazette vs. HP Homes
11:00AM - P.I. Exercise vs. C.B.P.D.
1:00PM - Island Tackle vs. Wilkinson & Associates
2:00PM - Sub Surface Support vs. Michael’s Seafood
3:00PM - Superior Medical vs. Kure Beach Pier
4:00PM - Harbor Master’s vs. Mid-Atlantic