- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 01:02
- Written by Super User
6-8 Age Division - Gulfstream 32 Costco 16, Island Gazette 13 HP Homes 30, CBPD 17 P.I. Exercise Club 10; 9-11 Age Division - Island Tackle & Hardware 21 Wilkinson & Assoicates ERA Realty 11, Sub Surface Support 8 Michael’s Seafood 22, Superior Medical 23 Kure Beach Pier 38; 12-14 Age Division - Hamm Hearing Aid Center 31 Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar 29, Harbor Master’s 40 Mid-Atlantic Drilling 27 ;
15-17 Age Division - Atlantic Coast Carpet 43 Allied Pest Control 40, CBPD 36 Blackburn Brothers 27
In the 6-8 Age Division CBPD was able to improve their record to 3-3 and move into a tie for 3rd Place with the Island Gazette after their win over PI Exercise Club.
PIYL Week 6 - 2/8 & 2/9
• 6:30PM – Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar – Nikki’s got off to a good start taking a 4-point lead after the 1st quarter 9-5. In the 2nd quarter both teams stepped up their offense with Nikki’s outscoring Hamm’s by a point 4-3 giving them a 5-point halftime lead 13-8. After halftime Hamm started to make its come back outscoring Nikki’s 12-9 in the 3rd quarter to get within a point 22-20. In the final quarter both teams continued to trade basket’s, but down the stretch Nash Best hit some big shots for Hamm’s to give them the win 31-29. HIGHLIGHTS: Hamm Hearing Aid: #3 Nash Best 10, #14 Hawthorne Hamm 8, #12 Larry Davis 7, and #1 Elijah Akins 6. Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar: #5 Luke Winslow 8, #14 Eason Saffo and #13 Nick Winslow 6 each, #11 Carson Conklin 4, #3 Kevin Mintz Jr., and #10 Cameron Seyer 2.
• 7:30PM – Atlantic Coat Carpet Cleaning vs. Allied Pest Control – Atlantic Coast was able to get off to a good start in the 1st half of this game after taking a 13-8 lead in the 1st quarter. Atlantic was able to extend their lead to 11-points by halftime after outscoring Allied again 14-8 in the 2nd quarter. After halftime Allied started to make their come back, cutting 2-points off Atlantic’s lead in the 3rd quarter 35-26 and getting even closer in the 4th quarter. However in the end they come up a 3-pointer short and Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning was able to move into sole possession of 1st Place. HIGHLIGHTS: Allied Pest Control: #3 Dylan Owen 20, #2 Erik Jedrey 9, #4 Daniel Farriss 7, and #5 Jordan Powell and #14 Joshua Johnson 2 each. Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning: #2 David Hicks 17, #5 Drew Brinson 10, #13 Joel Ywaskevic and #4 Ryan Hardison 4 each, #10 Jeremy Brekke 3, #1 Michael Gotto and #3 Sean Anderson 2 each.
• 8:30PM – CBPD vs. Blackburn Brothers – This was a game that saw a lot of tough defense with CBPD taking the early 8-5 lead. The 3-point lead held up for the CBPD by halftime as both teams picked up 7-points in the 2nd quarter. After halftime Blackburn’s defense was able to hold the CBPD to just a point while their offense took the lead 19-16. In the final quarter CBPD’s offense exploded with 20points, while their defense held Blackburn Brothers to just 9-points giving CBPD the win 36-27. HIGHLIGHTS: CBPD: #1 Ryan Payne 9, #13 Connor Garnette and #3 Thomas White 7 each, #2 Ra’Shawn Anglin 5, and #4 William Noxon and #5 Drake Overton 4 each. Blackburn Brothers: #2 Donovan Francis 8, #14 Julian Blackburn 7, #3 Justin Blackburn and #12 Matt Rood 4 each, and #13 Brandon Rood and #5 Cory Montgomery 2 each.
• 9:00AM – Gulfstream vs. Costco – Gulfstream got this game started with a 11-2 run, but by halftime Costco was able to cut the lead down to 13-6 after a 4-2 2nd quarter. After halftime Costco scored 10-points, but Gulfstream ended up with 11 bringing the lead up to 8-points 24-16. In the final quarter Gulfstream increased their lead to 16-points after a 10-0 run giving them the win 32-16. HIGHLIGHTS: Gulfstream: #4 Neil Sims 11, #12 Colin Neal 7, #3 Nicholas Lamendola and #11 Farrington Newton 6 each, and #2 Ryan Schoonaker 2. Costco: #3 Christian Merten 10 and #11 Sam McNamara 6.
• 10:00AM – Island Gazette vs. HP Homes – HP Homes dominated this game outscoring the Island Gazette 8-2 in the 1st and 2nd quarter. After halftime the Island Gazette was able to get to within 10-points, before ending the game on a 8-3 run to take the win 30-13. HIGHLIGHTS: HP Homes: #12 Kenan Everhart 10, #10 Leo Baggie and #11 Jared Becken 6 each, #4 Christopher Schwenker 4, and #14 Cassidy Irwin and #5 Owen Morini 2 each. Island Gazette: #10 Keaton Green 5, #11 TJ Parker 4, and #1 Holly McKee and #4 Matthew Silver 2 each.
• 11:00AM – Pleasure island Exercise Club vs. CBPD – Both teams got off to a slow start offensively in the 1st half of this game with CBPD taking the lead after the 1st quarter 4-2. The CBPD added 2 more points to their lead by halftime 6-2 after a basket by Kendall Marcucilli. After halftime the CBPD’s offense found their grove and went on a 9-2 run giving them a 11-point lead 15-4. In the final quarter P.I. Exercise Club was able to make a come back but came up short and the CBPD went on to win by a final score of 17-10. HIGHLIGHTS: CBPD: #10 Quinton Dye 6, #12 Kendall Marcucilli and #2 Chad Fleshman 4 each, and #14 Chandler Blake 3. Pleasure Island Exercise Club: #13 Ryan McCann 4 and #12 Carter Grace, #5 Cameron Kidder, and #10 Silas Jackson 2 each.
• 1:00PM – Island Tackle & Hardware vs. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty – Both teams got off to a slow start offensively in this game with Wilkinson taking a 3-1 lead after the 1st quarter. However in the 2nd quarter Island Tackle’s offense got things going picking up 9 points, while their defense held Wilkinson to just 2-points giving them a 10-5 halftime lead. After halftime Island Tackle continued to pull away outscoring Wilkinson 6-2 in the 3rd quarter and 5-4 in the 4th to take the win 21-11. HIGHLIGHTS: Island Tackle & Hardware: #11 Thomas Blankenbecker 8, #2 Jack Garcia and #4 Dominic Farmintino 4 each, #10 Peyton Blankenbecker 2, and #12 Mason Massey, #5 Ben Stout, and #3 Sean Darakjy 1 each. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty: #12 Jacob Chalmers 5 and #3 Lacey Hartsell, #5 Madison Chalmers, and #11 Owen Davies 2 each.
• 2:00PM – Sub Surface Support vs. Michael’s Seafood – Michael’s Seafood’s defense set the tone in this game as they allowed just 8-point. Meanwhile the offense picked up 7 in the 1st quarter, 8 in the 2nd, 3 in the 3rd and 4 in the 4th to take the win 22-8. HIGHLIGHTS: Michael’s Seafood: #12 Austin Johnson 8, #1 Fisher Waggett 6, #3 Trey Johnson 4, and #5 Joseph Barker and #2 Jas Herring 2 each. Sub Surface Support: #5 Heath Higgins 3, #14 Daniel Stokes and #4 Tristen Odham 2 each, and #1 Coleman Lamendola 1.
• 3:00PM – Superior Medical vs. Kure Beach Pier – Undefeated Kure Beach Pier jumped out to a early 10-4 lead after the 1st quarter, but the lead would remain 6-points 16-10 after both teams picked up 6 2nd quarter points. After halftime Kure Beach used a 12-4 run to increase their lead to 14-points 28-14. In the final quarter Kure Beach Pier’s lead continued to grow to 38-23 after outscoring Superior in the final quarter 10-9. HIGHLIGHTS: Kure Beach Pier: #10 Ethan Graves 17, #3 Aidan Lafferty 10, #12 Dimitris Weakley 4, #2 Robbie Helmus 3, #14 Jillian Miles and #4 John Jernigan 2 each. Superior Medical: #12 Jake Ettefagh 10, #14 Nick Reeves 5, #2 Nathan Hardison 4, and #1 Nicolas Ruscetti and #3 Nicolas Schwenker 2 each.
• 4:00PM – Harbor Masters vs. Mid-Atlantic Drilling – The 1st quarter of this game was close with Harbor Masters taking the 1-point lead after the 1st quarter. However in the 2nd quarter Harbor Master’s stepped up the defense holding mid-Atlantic to just 4-points, meanwhile the offense picked up 9 to take a 18-12 lead by halftime. After halftime both teams picked up some big baskets but it was Harbor Master’s that was able to add 4 more points to their lead now at 33-23. In the final quarter Harbor Master’s got a big 3-pointer from Brandon Plyler and 2 field goals from Bradley Plyler to help hold off Mid-Atantic Drilling and take the win 40-27. HIGHLIGHTS: Harbor Masters: #10 Ethan Graves and #13 Bradley Plyler 13 each, #11 Jacob Reeves 4, #11 Jacob Reeves and #4 Brandon Plyler 3 each, #14 Jacob Merten and #5 Lucas Golonka 2 each. Mid-Atlantic Drilling: #12 Vincent Farmintino 11, #13 Brice Eller 5, #10 Rocco Farmintino and #2 Jantzen 3 each, #4 Jacob Hardison and #11 Cade Smith martin 2 each, and #5 Joshua Stewart 1.
Pleasure Island Rec. Center’s Youth Basketball
6:30PM - Harbor Master’s vs. Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar
7:30PM - Blackburn Brothers vs. Allied Pest Control
8:30 - C.B.P.D. vs. Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning
9:00AM - C.B.P.D. vs. Costco
10:00AM - P.I. Exercise vs. Island Gazette
11:00AM - Gulfstream vs. HP Homes
1:00PM - Michael’s Seafood vs. Wilkinson & Associates
2:00PM -Island Tackle vs. Superior Medical
3:00PM - vs. Kure Beach Pier vs. Sub Surface Support
4:00PM - Mid-Atlantic Drilling vs. Hamm Hearing Aid